- 2 Selectable Frequencies Let's You Fly Up To 2 Helicopters At Once
- Amazing Technology in the palm of your hand!Syma Newest Model S107 3CH Gyro RTF Metal RC Helicopter.No Assembly required, Ready To Fly! Equipped with the latest Gyroscope technology. Colors and Frequencies May Vary. We have Red & Yellow color.
- Full 3 Channels : Up, Down, Left, Right, Forward and Backward.A 25-30 minutes charge is equal to a 8-12 minutes flight.Recharging takes place via the transmitter or USB cable.
- The transmitter has an Alignment Trim, a Charging and Power.Indicator, a Left/Right Lever and a Trimmer. A lightweight Lithium Polymer battery.
- Length : Approx. 7.5 Inches.Width : Approx. 7.5 Inches (with main rotors).Height : Approx. 3.8 Inches (from bottom to balance bar).Main Rotors Surface Diameter: Approx. 7.5 Inches.
As you guys know, I’m exploring the world of RC aviation devices, and one of aircraft that really caught my attention was the Syma S107G RC Helicopter. This little but inviting friend is one of the most wanted online, and since people are really talking about it, I decided that I wanted to see it on my own and determine if this flying device was what the manufacturers say it is. For this reason, I invite you to have some fun with me right now, and discover if the Syma manufacturers can support their claims about this flying machine.
One of the challenges that I have with this site is to give you useful and valuable information about RC helicopters and airplanes, I think you deserve to have the truth, just the truth, and nothing but the truth. I have to say that the manufacturers may not like what I’ll reveal here, but I actually don’t care, I’m a customer like everyone else, and I have the right to share my experience from the most respectful but honest point of view.
What does the Syma S107G RC Helicopter is and what is not?
When I first placed my order through Amazon (I love those guys, I think they have great customer support), I did it because I saw that people were saying great things about this heli. However, I was a little afraid of receiving a broken helicopter, a fake one, or something completely different from my order (People are leaving these comments, Syma).
However, the vast majority of people were saying great things about this aircraft and for that reason, I decided to give it a shot. The truth is that I was really surprised, because I was able to test some of the marvels that people say about this magnificent toy (that is what it is), and here, I want to show you my findings.
Syma Claims many things about their helicopter, let’s test them and see if they can hold to what they said
They can say whatever they want, but the truth is that the ones with the right to say if this is or not the world’s newest, most durable and stable helicopter are us, the ones paying for the product. Thus, if you are the owner of a Syma S107G, I invite you to dig through and after reading this post, leave a comment to let us know your experience.
I actually did a deep research about this remote control helicopter and I found the good, the bad, and the ugly about it. I decided to test those things I can test, and to comment those that I can speak of.
All the following claims were taken from the product description made by Syma, also, I wanted to make sure to give voice to those who decided to speak out loud, and for that reason, I also included some of the negative reviews that people are leaving about this toy, and see if I could actually help to solve those, confirm that they are fake, or confirm that they are true.
Check this video review I created for you and discover for yourselves if this RC Helicopter is for you or not.
All the information is here for you:
The hot topics about the Syma S107G RC Helicopter
The world’s newest, most durable and stable helicopter
- As you saw, this is a decently stable helicopter. As I mentioned on the video, the yellow one was much more stable, so that makes me thing that stability may vary from one model to another, however, I think this is not only a stable but a responsive, durable and great helicopter, again, based on what you saw on my video.Great for Beginners.
- When I first got these helis I wanted to know how difficult it was to control them, so I started flying them right away and I discovered that the controls are pretty sensitive, something that I consider important since it is good for educational purposes, it helps you to calibrate and wire your brain to understand the flight dynamics.
- Something else that I did was to lend the toys to my girlfriend and other relatives with none experience at all with these devices, and after a few crashes, they were flying the toys with no problem. It really surprised me how easy is to learn to fly these things.
The metal frame has proven to withstand dozens of crashes
- You saw the crashes on my video and the thing still flies. I think now we can say that it stands dozens of crashes. The metal frame is very solid, and even when sometimes the blades are the first to hit the ground (or the wall), these as well are strong and durable. Overall I’m satisfied with the manufacturing materials and the durability of these.
- This was one of the negative comments that appeared the most when I looked for the product on Amazon. Many people seem to be receiving fake toys that are not from Syma. Some are saying that they received something from a brand called Hero. This was not my experience, and I bought 2 toys, so I think I’m going to give a good rating here to this device, however, I can’t say people are lying, the comment appears many times, and I think that Syma or Amazon should do something about it.
They work for a week or less and then they won’t fly again
This was the second negative comment that appeared most frequently. There are some complaints about these toys working for a little while and then not working at all. In my case, I actually know that I over exposed my yellow helicopter when I wanted to know how high it could get, I was flying in a very short space and the helicopter hit a wall and from there it came down, lol.
- One of the things that most people don’t like to hear, let alone admit, is the truth, but reality is that some of the most experienced pilots out there agree on the fact that most RC aviation toy crashes occur because of lack of experience of the pilot and not because of a bad quality toy. In this case, I feel good accepting that I know I am responsible for what happened to my RC Helicopter, I already purchased the spare parts, so it will be flying again soon.
The batteries last very low
- This is one of the things that some people complain about and some others don’t. The truth is that your S107G battery will give you approximately 8 minutes of fun and after that you’ll have to charge it for 40 to 50 minutes to enjoy your toy again.
My advice is this: Purchase 2 helis like me, and enjoy one while the other is charging. Also, you can purchase the upgraded battery and install that to your helicopter so you can enjoy a longer flight time, also, your control over the ship, and the speed of the aircraft will be improved with this update.
Broken or malfunctioning devices on arrival
- There are other people saying that their helicopter arrived broken and that it never flew, and if this is your case, and you bought your Syma S107G RC Helicopter through Amazon, you can always ask for a refund. These guys are great with their customers, and they will help if you need to be helped.
Overall rating of the Syma S107G RC Helicopter
- Level: Beginner
- Easiness to Fly: ★★★★★
- Holds its claims: ★★★★☆
- Stability: ★★★★★
- Durability: ★★★★☆
- Educative: ★★★★★
- Fun: ★★★★★
- Price: ★★★★★
What is included with the Syma S107G RC Heli?
The first great thing about this helicopter is the box. You’ll receive an amazing box that in my opinion is something you want to keep. It will help you to store your RC heli to avoid dust going into the machinery.
However, inside the box you’ll find:
- 1 Syma S107G RC Helicopter fully assembled and ready to fly.
- 1 Transmitter (Needs 6 AA Batteries and are not included).
- 1 practical USB cable to charge the helicopter.
- 1 User’s Manual
- 1 Spare Tail Blade
Where is the best place to get the S107 RC Heli?
One of the things that I care the most is the customer support, because it doesn’t matter if the product is defective or not, if the customer support is great I know I’ll be fine.
Based on that, the best place to get your S107 RC Helicopter is Amazon, and that is not all, but they actually offer a super discounted price over the regular list price. This helicopter’s list price is of $39.99, but you can find it on Amazon for less than the half of that price.
Plus, this item is eligible for free shipping, but you want to hurry because they are literally flying away.
I hope you have fun with this fantastic RC Helicopter. In my opinion, Syma is earning the bragging rights with the Syma S107G.
Please let everyone here know your comments and questions, make sure to rate this post, and push the social buttons so that more people know about this fantastic flying device.