- Piloting is easy from a smartphone or tablet
- Remote control quadricopter controlled using an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet
- 720p high-definition live video streaming & recording to smartphone or tablet while flying
- Record & share videos & pictures straight from AR. Free Flight piloting app
- Processor: ARM Cortex A8 processor 1GHz 32 bit with 800MHz video DSP TMS320DMC64x, RAM: 1GB DDR2 RAM at 200MHz, OS: Linux 2.6.32
As the owner of RC Hobbies on Air I know that many people out there enjoy playing with RC flying toys, it is not a secret that they deliver a lot of fun and joy if you know how to use them correctly, but what happens when you simply don’t have the required experience?, most people simply decide to abandon their wish and walk away; fortunately there is a great product that will deliver the same fun (or more) than any RC airplane or RC helicopter and will give you that wonderful experience of playing with an RC aircraft, and this week I would like to offer you a Parrot AR Drone 2.0 review with the most updated information directly from the Drone developers. Keep reading and prepare to get shocked, because this AR Drone 2.0 review will tell you the untold details about this toy and the reasons about why to buy Drone 2.0 from Parrot for your own.
The Parrot AR Drone 2.0 is one of the coolest RC flying toys in the market, many people want to buy a Drone from Parrot because of the many features that this gadget has; it is not only a toy that looks great, but also there is a new generation of Drones available with awesome improvements from last version that make the AR Done 2.0 the perfect option for anyone interested in flying RC toys; and I want to encourage you to consider trying this magnificent device because it really delivers a great experience, and it doesn’t matter if you are a newbie or an advanced pilot; this toy is designed so anyone can start enjoying it in no time.
A quick view to the A.R. Drone 2.0
There are many cool features that you can access when buying the Parrot AR Drone 2.0, it is not just the built-in HD camera or the absolute control that you have over the ship while flying, but also the fact that Parrot recently opened the AR Drone Academy, which is basically a worldwide online social network with more than 48,000 pilots registered willing to share videos, pictures, flight records, and knowledge about their experience with this fascinating flying toy. The value within the AR Drone Academy is huge, because now people from all over the world can share their flights with others directly from their mobile device, which by the way is another great feature that you have access to with the new version of the AR Drone.
Some of the users that created an AR Drone 2.0 review say many great things about it, one of the facts that most people mention is how easy to fly this Drone is compared to any RC airplane or RC helicopter, and this is something that users love because not everyone is an expert with RC flying toys, so with the Parrot AR Drone 2.0 almost everyone can fly like a Pro. If this is not enough for you, then simply join to the AR Drone Academy and will find a lot of great tips, videos and people to assist you to fly.
What is that this toy has that everyone is talking about it? – A closer look to the Parrot AR Drone 2.0
Perhaps the most interesting thing about the new Parrot AR Drone 2.0 is the fact that even when version 1.0 was decently good enough, the 2.0 AR Drone comes with huge and unexpected improvements, enhancing the flight experience for almost any person. This is thanks to the sophistication of its design and the accuracy that it offers to control it, and in the next lines I would like to give you some details about this toy’s new features so you know why is that you want one like this.
- 720 Pixels HD Camera: The new Parrot AR Drone 2.0 comes with a built-in 720 Pixels HD Camera, it is 92˚ angled for a better image covering, and it uses a CMOS sensor, which means that each pixel can be read individually. The camera is capable of reading and transmitting images directly to the screen of your mobile device, and the video is captured at 30 fps. The camera represents a huge improvement compared with the 1.0 version and it is by far one of the cool things that make this toy even funnier. When you buy Drone 2.0 from Parrot you also buy a cool photos and videos flying toy, capable to share directly from the flight interface mobile device to You Tube and Picasa, or simply save to your camera roll.
- AR Freeflight: This is the new version for the app that allows you to drive and pilot the AR Drone, you can find it in the App Store for iPhone or iPad, and in Google Play for Android; the app is free and it is very intuitive to use and also it has a cool menu to:
- Go to the AR Drone Academy Online
- Add photos and video
- Update the firmware
- Play amazing AR Drone video games
- Use the videos
This easy to use app allows you also to record images, videos, and navigation data, and load them directly from the same app. This app is compatible with the AR Drone 1.0, something very important for the customers that have the first Drone.
In the flight screen useful information is displayed that will allow you to record video, capture images, perform an emergency landing, switch the camera (horizontal to vertical), and check the battery level, the speed and altitude of your toy while flying.
- Altitude: One of the biggest improvements is the control and stability that the aircraft has at high altitudes, according with the Parrot AR Drone site even with wind speeds of 15 m/h you can fly up to 165 feet away without losing stability. In the previous version of the Drone, the maximum altitude reachable without losing stability was barely 20 feet. This improvement is possible due to the fact that the AR Drone 2.0 is assembled with a pressure sensor that brings stability at very high altitudes.
- Absolute Control Mode: This is another great improvement that you get when you buy Drone 2.0 from Parrot, because this new version can use the pilot as a reference point and fly in the same direction that you tilt your mobile device. In the first version you had to adapt to the Drone’s orientation to match each direction and help the Drone to interpret it well. This is now corrected in the new version and you don’t have to adapt to the Drone’s orientation, and this happens thanks to an electronic 3D compass that was added to the design.
The new Parrot AR Drone 2.0 is built to last, so don’t be afraid to try your best tricks with this toy since you can trust in the robustness of its design; it is a known fact that you can fly higher and faster thanks to the motors and sensors without losing stability and control. Also another important advantage of this toy is that you can actually use it inside your bedroom, and don’t worry about potential damages, because when you buy the AR Drone 2.0 it comes with the indoor hall that prevents the propellers to get in contact with something or someone.
The Flight Recorder – Find the details about it in this AR Drone 2.0 Review
Recently the AR Drone 2.0 manager, Julien Galou, announced the latest technology available for this remarkable product; it is the Flight Recorder GPS, which according to Galou is literally the black box of the AR Drone.
Learn from the experiences of real customers who are already enjoying the Parrot AR Drone 2.0
Here I’d like to share some of the reviews from real customers that went from thinking to buy the device to actually purchasing it just like you are right now.
“To our surprise we notice a big improvement in design and handling. To start we notice better video but more than just the simple fact the new Drone has a higher resolution camera. We notice that the improved on board sensors do provide a more steady shot! I could definitely see a more commercial application for this new version of Drone. The improvements really do open the doors to many more applications of the Drone.
The only I recommend is a battery and charger upgrade for more flight time. The battery that is supplied with the Drone is heavy and has poor performance. You can significantly lengthen flight times and shorten charge times with a Bastens 1300 mAh LiPo battery and charger upgrade for the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 & 1.0 – a high capacity alternative replacement battery with a fast charger – 15 to 20 minute flight time and roughly 40 min charge time”
“I am very pleased with this item, so pleased I ended up buying another one. I have had zero problems, everything works perfectly. I have been surprised at the range and altitude you can get out of it with just an iPad. I approached 200′ and with a Wi-Fi repeater over 300′! I’m amazed at how well it compensates for wind etc. There is a feature in 2.0, if the drone loses contact with your device, it will hover in place for a bit and if it is unable to make contact will descend until it reacquires contact. If still it does not link up with your device it will land on its own.”
“I thought the price on this item was a little high, but I bought it as a Xmas gift for myself, and this thing really surprised me. It is loaded with high tech cameras, sensors, and is great to play with. I am glad I bought it.”
Where can I go to buy Drone 2.0 from Parrot?
You can find the Parrot AR Drone 2.0 for Sale on Amazon.com, it is very important that you buy Drone 2.0 from Parrot from a trusted source so you don’t have any surprises. Hopefully this AR Drone 2.0 review helped you to make a decision so you can start enjoying the benefits of flying RC toys, which by all means I recommend you to do.
Act now and buy the Parrot AR Drone 2.0 from Amazon, if you want to receive it fast choose the One-Day Shipping option, you will be surprised by all the cool features that this simple but entertaining device has to offer.
To your Flight Success!